Friday 30 March 2007

A lot more since the last post

I promised to say how I sharpened the blades; each one had a quadrilateral cross-section; I merely merged the outer pair of points on each quad along each blade.

OK, what have I done since then?


Some smoothing and added surfaces on the nose-cone, as well as a central bar in the middle of the cutter


Started a UV texture for the cutter (based on a tutorial here) -- you can see the UV face edges as paler lines on the red of the cutter.


More detail on the texture


A bump map and some grass-stains added to the texture.


I changed the grass (floor plane) and added an area light for fill-in details


And I changed the "sky" background.


I had plans to do a UV unwrap of the rear roller but two points occurred to me:
  • It's pointless UV unwrapping a cylinder primitive
  • I'm going to change it anyway (I can't just have the rear spoiler sticking up as though levitating)
Next, I'm going to try to make the grass look more like grass.

No comments: